Saturday, November 1, 2014

How to Wash and Store Lettuce for Maximum Freshness

I hate wasting money because food goes bad.  I've tried many tips throughout the years to keep my lettuce fresh.  Some of them have worked better than others, but nothing has really kept lettuce fresh and crisp for more than just a few days.  I was wondering if I would have to begin stopping by the store a couple of times a week to get fresh lettuce...until I found this trick!

Here's the original Pin:  Save Your Veggies with the Paper Towel Trick
This is another Pin that I saw that is similar:  Keeping Lettuce Fresh

When I saw these Pins, they reminded me of the way I sometimes store my fresh herbs.  I wrap the washed herbs in paper towels and store them in ziplock bags.  I wondered if I could do the same thing for lettuce.  When I tried it, I really liked it.



Here's my Pin:  How to Wash and Store Lettuce for Maximum Freshness

Here's my YouTube video:


I have found that this technique really keeps my lettuce nice and crisp for up to 10 days.  I do this with spinach too.  Even though bagged spinach as already been washed, sometimes I find that I want it to be even cleaner.  Also, I think that refreshing it in ice water helps to keep it crisp.

We eat a lot of salads in our family, so I am glad to have a good way to keep the lettuce as fresh as possible.  I was not happy with the thought of having to run back to the store every few days for lettuce!

Thanks, and welcome to my world!


<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- Lettuce - Washing Ad -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:inline-block;width:336px;height:280px"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-1516750226443466"
     data-ad-slot="2499320633"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

No comments:

Post a Comment