Sunday, November 2, 2014

Quick Fix Dinner - Pork Chops & Apples

For my last Pintober project, I wanted to do something that I knew my husband would LOVE.  With a nod to his German heritage, I found this Pin:  Hard Cider Pork Chops with Apples and Onions

I wasn't sure that the kids would like it, so I kept all of the components separate when I served the dish.  That turned out to be a smart move, if I wanted the kids to eat anything at all!  :)  Yeah, they didn't like the apples and onions combination...but Ron and I loved it!!!!!   He said it best...it was just a little too complex for their taste.

Here's my Pin:  Pork Chops with Apples and Onions




I changed the recipe a bit, as I usually do, to suit our tastes and the ingredients that I had on hand.

First, I used one of my favorite tricks to make a protein stretch.  I had only 5 pork chops and I was serving 6 people, so I cut them into bite sized pieces to serve them.  I have found that if I do that and mix the main protein with other ingredients, it goes much farther.

Secondly, I added whole grain mustard to the sauce.  I knew that Ron would love that!

Thirdly, I added a couple of splashes of apple cider vinegar to the sauce with the regular apple cider. I think that made a big difference.

Lastly, because I was using other things in the sauce, I just seasoned the meat with salt and pepper.

Here's the video that shows how I did this:



From start to finish, this meal was on the table in about 20 minutes.

I hope that you enjoyed my Pintober projects.  I had a ball doing this.  I wish that I had been able to complete the challenge with 31 posts, but I think I did fine considering how sick I was in the middle of the month.  I look forward to doing Pintober again next year.  Be on the lookout for many more videos as we move forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I have lots of things up my sleeve!

Thanks, and welcome to my world!


<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- Pork Chops Ad -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:inline-block;width:320px;height:100px"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-1516750226443466"
     data-ad-slot="2543019836"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>


No comments:

Post a Comment