Saturday, October 25, 2014

Beef Stroganoff

This is one of my husband's favorite dinners.  I don't make it very often, though, and I think that I know why. I think of this as a cool-weather dish.  He'd eat it once a week if I would make it that much.  When I told him that I was going to make it, his eyes lit up.

My recipe isn't very traditional, but it is delicious.



Beef Stroganoff

1 large onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans (4 oz. each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced beef (steak, London Broil, tenderloin)
2 cups beef broth
1-2 cups water (or more beef broth)
1/4 cup flour
1 cup sour cream
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Worcestershire Sauce, to taste
Butter
Olive Oil
For serving, buttered egg noodles, sour cream, and grated parmesan cheese

Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter in large skillet over medium heat.  Add onions, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.  Remove onions to a bowl and stir in 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce and set aside.  Add beef to pan and cook until just browned.  Do not overcook.  Drain any liquid released from beef and save for future use.  Remove beef to a bowl and set aside.

Return onions to pan.  Add garlic and mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes.  Add more butter if skillet seems dry.  Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes.  Add liquid that was drained from beef, beef broth, and enough water or extra broth to make a thin sauce.  Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.  Return meat to sauce and heat through.

Remove sauce from heat and stir in 1 cup sour cream.  Serve over buttered egg noodles with extra sour cream and parmesan cheese.

If you'd like to watch how to prepare this dish, it's on my YouTube channel!



Thanks, and welcome to my world!


<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- First Ad -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:inline-block;width:336px;height:280px"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-1516750226443466"
     data-ad-slot="6945343439"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

No comments:

Post a Comment