Friday, October 24, 2014

Easy Caramel (Dulce de Leche)

This Pintober project is a continuation of one I did earlier in the month.  I used my Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk to make this very easy caramel sauce.

Here is the original Pin:  Easy 1 Ingredient Caramel Sauce

Here's my Pin:  Caramel Sauce (Dulce de Leche)




Here's the Youtube video for this recipe:



Mine came out grainy, and even a little gloppy...but it was really tasty!  I think that my milk wasn't exactly right, though.  I'd like to try this again with store-bought sweetened condensed milk to see if turns out any better.  I also plan to try to make the homemade stuff again...I think I should cook it down a bit more.

Anyway, I digress...this was a very easy recipe.  I found that it took WAY longer than the 75 minutes that the recipe says.  I cooked this for about 4 hours, I think.  This might be a good recipe for Thanksgiving because it has to be in the oven so long.  Otherwise, I'm not sure that I want my oven on for that long for just a cup or so of caramel!

In light of the length of time it took to make and the less-than-stellar results, I am not sure that I will add this to my repertoire.  An authentic caramel sauce is very easy to make...and very delicious!!! As I said, I will try this technique again and try a couple of different things with it, and I'll post the results.

Thanks, and welcome to my world.


<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- Caramel Ad -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:inline-block;width:300px;height:600px"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-1516750226443466"
     data-ad-slot="7029081837"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

No comments:

Post a Comment