Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sock Baskets - Laundry Room Hack



This Pintober project falls under the category of "Duh!  Why didn't I think of that?"

It's a very simple, very cheap solution to a problem that caused angst for everyone in the family. You see, we have this round laundry basket that over the years has been dubbed The Sock Basket.  In theory, it was supposed to be the one place where all of the mismatched socks would go so that they could be matched easily.

I hated it!  No one ever knew where it was, so it never contained all of the mismatched socks.  When I would work on the laundry, I never took the time to actually match the socks.  I'd just stick them all in The Sock Basket when I found it.  Then, no one, including me, ever took the time to sort through it and match anything.

If I couldn't find it, I'd just put all of the socks in the basket containing my clothes on the assumption that I would match them when I put my clothes away.  Unfortunately, that never happened either.  So then, eventually we'd have...like 3 sock baskets.

This brings to mind my favorite definition of insanity...doing the same thing every day while expecting different results.

So, when I saw this on Pinterest, I loved the idea.  I don't regularly shop at The Dollar Tree, but I am going to start.

I hope you enjoy this post and this video.  I am going to get more of these baskets for all of the bedroom closets.

Here's the original Pin:  Laundry Room Baskets

Here's my  Pin:  Sock Baskets - Laundry Room Hack

Here's the YouTube video:



Thanks, and welcome to my world!




No comments:

Post a Comment