Thursday, October 30, 2014

Homemade Heinz 57 Sauce

I'm excited about this Pintober project.  This is one of my favorite sauces!  I love the stuff, but I never seem to have it when we have steaks.  I'll think about it and buy a bottle, then use it as ingredient in other dishes, and we're out of it again when I REALLY want it!

So, I was quite happy to find this Pin for a homemade version:  Homemade Heinz 57 Sauce Recipe

I doubled the recipe, because we all use it.  If there is any leftover, dubious, I'll use it in the meatloaf I am planning to make later in the week.



Here's all you mix together (this is double the original Pin)

1/2 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp yellow mustard
2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp cider or malt vinegar
1/2 tsp tabasco sauce
1/2 tsp salt

Here's my Pin:  Homemade Heinz 57 Sauce

Here's the YouTube video showing this recipe:



(Quick update:  I wrote this post while I was waiting for my husband to come home from work.  He called me when he left the office to ask if I needed anything, and I told him that we were having steaks and needed some sour cream for the baked potatoes.  I had already made the sauce, so I didn't mention that at all.

Here's how much that we love Heinz 57...he picked up a bottle while he was at the store!!!  So we had the real stuff to do an actual taste test.  The homemade stuff was REALLY close to the original. There is a very slight difference in taste, but it was really good.  I'm glad that I have this recipe in my hip pocket now!)

Thanks, and welcome to my world!


<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- 57 Sauce Ad -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:inline-block;width:728px;height:90px"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-1516750226443466"
     data-ad-slot="7548629036"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

No comments:

Post a Comment