Saturday, October 11, 2014

So, I Found Some Lemons This Morning

Remember my cute little front porch steps display from last week?  Here's the post in case you missed it:

Fall Porch Steps Decor

Well, we had some pretty nasty storms last night.  When I took out my dogs this morning, I saw that my sweet pot of mums suffered some damage.  There were several branches bent and broken. The poor thing was a mess.  We had moved it a couple of days ago while the kids were bringing something in, and I just hadn't moved it back.  I liked its new home.  Unfortunately, that placed it right underneath a downspout...

I don't know what's changed in me lately, but I'm not getting as upset about things as I used to do. Maybe I'm getting old...maybe I am beginning to realize that I can't control everything...only my reactions to things.  I decided to make lemonade out of the lemons life gave me this morning.

So, instead of getting all dramatic and crying over spilled milk (or mums,) I picked up the plant and tried to make it as presentable as possible.  I placed the side with the majority of the broken pieces to the back.  Then, I picked up all of the broken pieces lying about and brought them inside, washed them, and put them in pretty vases.

I now have 3 cute little flower vases sitting around in the living room to display.  Here's a picture of one of them...

Don't you just love the cute little frog sitting next to this?



Thanks, and welcome to my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment