Friday, October 3, 2014

One Dish Ranch Chicken & Veggies

Ron bought some boneless, skinless chicken breasts a couple of days ago, and I needed to use them.  So, I decided that I'd make this dish for supper.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/500392208571883566/ 

I am participating in Pintober this year, and I am so excited about it.  These will be some of my very first YouTube videos.  I hope that you like them!

For this dish tonight, I changed it up a bit from the original.  My family really enjoys ranch seasonings.  So, instead of an Italian dressing packet, I used a ranch dressing packet on the chicken.  The next time I make it, I will use two packets.  I could barely taste the ranch flavor.

I also added a few things to the potatoes.  I added onion, carrots, and garlic.  I also seasoned them with olive oil, salt, and pepper.

For the beans, I used leftover steamed green and wax beans from our garden.  When I originally prepared them, I seasoned them with butter, salt, and pepper.  So, I didn't do too much to them. Just a little olive oil, and they were good to go.

The meal was good, but it could have been better.  As I said earlier, the chicken needed a little more seasoning.  The chicken was also a bit overcooked.  I think it would have been better to leave the chicken breasts whole.  In the alternative, I could cook the veggies for about 45 minutes and then add the chicken and bake until done.

Here's the video to the recipe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgivsMK7Pkc&edit=vd 

I enjoyed the dish as it was prepared, and I think it has potential.

The best part was that prep was simple and the clean up was even simpler!  Be sure to spray your casserole dish with cooking spray before you add the food!

Here's the finished dish after we had begun to dig in

Hope that you enjoy!

Thanks, and welcome to my world!


No comments:

Post a Comment